Saturday, May 30, 2015

TRAGEDY STRIKES

Is there anything in the world worse than the phrase "SOLD OUT"? Actually, there is, and it is sold out's bitchier sister known as "DISCONTINUED". I hate her. I hate her. Why must this happen every time??

I have the insanely useful quality of becoming helplessly fixated on random items I catch a glimpse of, and then I spend countless hours trying to maybe track down a breadcrumb about the manufacturer or style name. Then, per usual, as soon as I might be able to locate the item, I learn it is sold out or has been discontinued. 

Take, for instance, this recent tragedy:

via Terracotta Design Build Co. 


Lovely enough kitchen, right? And how about those light fixtures. Of course I became obsessed and knew I would not be happy unless they were hanging from my newly hoisted ceilings. Everything about this situation was perfect. They were showcased in a square kitchen (my layout) with every feature I love: carrera marble subway tiles, mixed metals, brass, amazing natural light, the list goes on. 

I knew I needed something that wouldn't completely cut off the line of sight, the brass was on point, the price was amazing ($198!!!), and they were actually long enough for the 12' ceilings at 57"!). As a side note, do you know how difficult it is to find brass glass globe pendant fixtures with rods (not just chain extensions) to go above and island for 12' ceilings that don't cost as much as a mortgage payment? Well, if you don't, now you do. The struggle is real. 

Annnnd insert scary music here. Not only did I spend about 60 hours and two months of my life attempting to track this specific item down, I became so fixated that literally nothing else would suffice. 

Well, spoiler alert for anyone else recently taken with these beauties... They are SOLD OUT and DISCONTINUED. The horror. I am not even too embarrassed to say that I may have a new pen pal at the original manufacturer. We went back and forth several times, and sadly, there is nothing they can do to help me. I guess I thought they would just have a few remnants lying around waiting for me to discover and request them two years after production ceased. Total tragedy. 

via Top Home Shops

Everyone pour out one for the Gabby Morgan pendant tonight. I know I will. 

More on lights later this week. It will never be the same, but a replacement has been chosen. I know everyone is on the edge of their seat. 

I will never forget you, Gabby Morgan pendant. One love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment