Monday, August 10, 2015

dog tired


I hope everyone had amazing weekends! I, for one, am pretty sure I had the best weekend of the summer yet. The Taylor family (that is two normal sized adults + 2 super sized dogs) are taking this show on the road. We have officially moved into our temporary abode while the floors are being refinished. We will be living it up in less than 500 square feet (yes, you read that right) for the next two weeks. How cozy, how quaint! Everyone come over! Oh wait, that would be a fire hazard. 

We had the pleasure of moving all of our earthly possessions into the attic as well as the trusty old Pack Rat that is still in the driveway. Talk about sucking an egg. It sucked. I have known all along we would have to move EVERYTHING out of the downstairs to get the floors refinished, but I guess I hadn't REALLLY thought about it if you know what I mean. 

I hadn't REALLLLY thought about how it would actually get done, logistically speaking. I had not considered who would move and dismantle the steel bed frame that I cannot remember how it got into the house in the first place, who would pack up my entire closet (ENTIRE), who would move the piano, you get the point... What were we thinking??? Are the floors really that bad?? There were times when I wanted to scratch the whole refinishing gig. But then I would simply look down to view the current situation for a cold dose of reality. It is not a possibility to scratch the refinishing gig in any way, shape, or form. It is mandatory. Quick reminder of the current situation:





The only thing that pushed me through was looking for before and after pictures on google images. I wish I was kidding. I am a visual person. 

Seer Floor


To think my floors could one day look like this again was all the motivation I needed. 





I really am super excited to get the floors refinished, but all that moving got me like...


I didn't even think we had that much stuff. Operation Downsize in full effect. 

1 comment:

  1. April- you're just too cool! My real life HGTV friend! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete