Thursday, August 13, 2015

electric feel

Last week was pretty exciting, minus the whole packing up and moving part. There was more real life progress! We all know how much I love lighting, so you know I was pretty damn excited to see those things get some electricity. It has been pretty dark in the house over the past few weeks months in more ways than one. 

Starting with the kitchen, let there be light:


You know nothing can go off without a hitch, so there are a few places where there are more holes than there should be. I am not even going to stress about it as I am currently practicing the Disney Frozen method known as "letting it go".  


And also because, when I popped in from work to check the progress, I found my BRAND NEW counter tops covered with things that are unmentionable. Things similar to those that littered my floor on the first day of demo when it looked like this:




Not cool people, not cool. Was there damage? Yes. Am I ready to talk about it? No. Why am I not in complete hysterics and on another crazy rampage? Again, I am practicing the let it go method. For now. That battle will be crusaded at a later date. 

Moving on...

Between the master bedroom, guest bedroom, and the sunroom, I decided to do a little switch-a-rooskie with the lights. The light from the master bedroom found a new home in the guest bedroom. The light from the guest bedroom (and star of a blast from the past post) found a new home in the sunroom. And the master bedroom got a much needed upgrade from the $10 ikea light that tops out with one 40 watt bulb. It was time. 

So what once looked like this in the master bedroom:



Now looks like this:




After raising the ceiling in the guest bedroom, I was worried the light fixture we had in there previously would be too small. Let's just go ahead and say I was right, because it is too late now. 

So what once looked this in the guest bedroom:


Now looks like this:





(furniture install to come if we ever finish this renovation)

And lastly, the guest bedroom fixture now happily resides here, in the sunroom:


Which will go above my sweet little DIY table project from earlier this month:



Also of note, the hardware for the kitchen was installed as well. I lazily snapped one single picture. It was not a true measure for my level of excitement, I promise. And you obviously know I will take more pictures. Come on, it is the colossal over sharer we are talking about here. 



I think we can officially start counting down the days! And not because we have a definite end date, but because I am going on vacation in September come hell or high water and not even this beast of a project will stop me!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment