Friday, July 17, 2015

Come Together

The wet bar in the sunroom is really starting to come together. I ordered the plumbing fixtures through Wilkinson and the sink and faucet have actually been sitting in my house in boxes for awhile waiting to be installed. I wish I could say the same for everything else I've ordered. It is a major mix of metals so I imagine most of you will cringe when you see these things and think about them being used together in the same space. But I am going to have to ask you to just trust me on this one. 

House Beautiful
Okay, busted. This isn't actually my bar. But, since the progress has been painfully slow as of late, I thought you people might stop reading if I didn't post pretty pictures to keep your attention span from shorting out. I should probably hand out snacks while I'm at it. And free money. Also, I know you are dying to see what I used as inspiration so I will share more photos of things that are currently not happening at my house. 

Amy Bartlam

Glitter Guide

Ashley Whitaker Design

Shop MK Style


via Pinterest


So, big spoiler alert, I was going for high gloss navy cabinets. But yet again, everyone wanted to blow up my spot about the high gloss and the navy. "The high gloss will show every ding and blemish." "The navy will show every particle of dirt." I do have two wooly mammoths for dogs. Their saliva knows no end. I find dog spit in my house in places I never knew it to be possible and this bar is actually in a spot where the dogs immediately come in from outside and shake their sweet little heads. Every day. So I got backed into a corner and COMPROMISED. AHHH. Am I going to hate myself for not sticking to my guns? The cabinets are now kind of a dark grayish with maybe a blue undertone. I have a hard time describing paint colors. 


You've already seen the cabinets, but just as a refresher: 



It is a very small space, but for some reason I cannot manage to get a good photo of all of the cabinets in one shot. Pure talent. The cabinets are painted in Sherwin Williams Cityscape.



The counter top is about to be installed this week and it is a walnut butcher block. I am super excited about that.



The knobs are pretty killer:




Then, the faucet goes like so:


And then the sink goes like woah:



I know, I know. Crazy mixed metals all over the place. I thought a copper faucet would be complete overkill, but the copper sink was mandatory, so this seemed like a logical choice. I really don't think it will be too crazy once it's all installed. Again, just asking for you to have a little faith here. I am so excited about this sink! It looks way cooler in person, my iPhone doesn't quite do it justice. 



BREAKING NEWS UPDATE:

I had already typed this earlier in the week, when WHAM, the countertop got installed. I couldn't bear to leave you hanging like that anyway. Feast your eyes my friends:





And one last photo, so you can get more of the full effect. The sink will be undermount though. And you may have noticed something missing. No, the upper cabinets were not snatched by the Grinch in an early rendition of him stealing Christmas. They received a bit of a bump (read: giant dent) during installation, so the cabinet maker took them back to get them all pretty again. One step backward, two steps forward maybe?





No comments:

Post a Comment