Thursday, June 11, 2015

Pops

I know this blog is the main reason hundreds of you wake up and get out of bed every morning, so I apologize for my little hiatus. How could I deprive you of my oversharing? How selfish of me.

Well there was a real, legit crisis last week and not in a my-favorite-light-is-discontinued-wah-wah-wah kind of way.  A legitimate emergency. Someone scored himself a VIP pass to the Wake Med ICU last week, so the kitchen got put on the back burner for a bit. (Pun slightly intended.)

I am BEYOND ecstatic to report that my super hero dad is back at home and back to being a total boss. Like life imitating art, my Dad's heart was trying to heal itself quite like his very favorite Christmas character.








Apparently he already feels well enough to be out and about prior to my 7AM check-in calls/lectures. That is probably more strategy on his part, rather than how great he feels, now that I think about it.  Either way, as long as this guy is going to be around for the next lifetime, I'll take it.



I bet my dad never thought he would make his social media debut wearing a gown. What a champ! If you are lucky enough to have a great dad, give that guy a call today. He deserves it. And bonus points for you, it's not even Father's Day yet! (Dad, don't worry, this doesn't count as my Father's Day card. I love you!)


No comments:

Post a Comment