Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Total Gem

The kitchen project may have convinced me that I need to stop being so lazy and actually use a real camera. The quality of my pictures is embarrassing. I can't even tell if some of the counter top pictures are of marble or laminate. Sadly, I don't have the time to keep running back and forth to the slab yards for the 39th time, so I actually have to rely on these shoddy pictures. Note to self: find and use that camera you thought you had to have. 

Am I really going to be that person that totes around a camera?  The bag, the gear. Hello, it is 2015, where a selfie stick is a necessity, not a tripod or telescoping lens. Maybe I should just make the effort to actually clean my grubby little iPhone 5.


In the meantime, feast your eyes on these (blurry) beauts.

Azul Macaubas Quartzite


I know, I know. Blue counter tops. I can hear most of you now. "April, you'll regret that." "Do something more neutral. Something more mainstream." "Think about resell if you were to move." "Think about pretty much anything other than yourself because you are crazy and impulsive. Oh no, don't do something drastic. Jesus, you cut bangs on your lunch break last year because you were bored. You bought a bulldog without even thinking about it when you were hungover." The list goes on. 

I can see where this is going. These really are stunning though. You cannot deny that.

Tropical Blue Marble




And if they have the potential to make a kitchen look like this, sign me up.

image via Design Manifest



That counter top kills me. Acquias Blue Quartzite. Of course I haven't been able to find it anywhere in NC, but that is probably a good thing. I imagine it is not cheap. But it wouldn't hurt to just look. 

image via Design Manifest








No comments:

Post a Comment